The boss frequently forgets about the new addition in my life and how it has impacted my work schedule. He calls me into meetings minutes before I am to leave to pick up "Moco" (aka my son) from school. Luckily, I have plenty of co-workers who are not afraid to run in and remind me (and the boss) that I have to leave.
However, he's not the only one at fault. I, too, am guilty of not leaving on time. I used to be "that worker." The dedicated one who would spend hours at work, whether or not I really needed to. I would help out in other departments...even hang out in the office during the weekends to help with weddings (my office happens to be located at a reception facility). I was just always there.
So every now and then, I get caught up in work and forget to leave on time. I'm getting better though. In the past few weeks, I've only had to go inside the school office twice to pick "Moco" up. Sure, it's not the greatest accomplishment known to man...but it's progress. ;) My husband and I have gone from being alone together for 8 years to having an 8 year-old son for the past two months. It's a dizzying experience. I truly don't know whether I am coming or going at times.
6.5 hours. After those have been spent, I clock in for the most important job I'll ever have.
2 comments:
Monka! I'm so proud of you and well you have handled the transition. Seriously? 6.5 hours? Remember when we both would work 50 - 60 hrs a week. Most days I don't miss that, but occasionally there are days were I am sickly insane and miss them. But hanging out with you & Gabe at Target is so much better, I must admit.
6.5 hours?! You work so much more hours being/hearing "momma!" Don't be so hard on yourself kiddo, you're doing fabulous with that little Moco, lol.
Post a Comment