Wednesday, May 21, 2008

13.1

It's official. I have registered for the San Antonio Rock 'n' Roll Marathon. Oh, and I am not doing this alone. Not me. I'm a social person, driven by friendly competition and motivated by a cause.

That's why I joined The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. They provide you with training for 4-5 months, group training sessions, clinics, and other fun stuff. Everything I need to begin this new adventure. All I have to do is raise funds to go towards cancer research on their behalf. How cool is that?!

Tonight was the information meeting and let me tell you...I'm SO PSYCHED!! Just talking to some of my new "team mates" has totally energized me. They are also pushing me to do the full marathon. Pfft!? Are they crazy?! Then again, it's early in the training and anything is possible at this point.

Pre-season training begins this Saturday at 7 a.m. Early, right?! As God has planned it, I am now used to rising early on Saturdays, so nothing new. (With the adoption of Moco, I have not had a day to sleep late; and Moco wakes up Saturdays at 6:30 a.m. on a regular basis.) It's a simple 2 mile run through Brackenridge Park. The official training season begins June 7th. As of today, I have 5 months and 26 days until the gun goes off!

I ask that you keep me in your prayers as I begin training and to block out Nov. 16th on your calendar so you can see me cross the finish line! ^_^

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm so proud of you and have faith you can do it! YAY! :o) Good luck in your training.