Tuesday, July 29, 2008

07.28.08

That is a day that we will all remember...for it was Moco's adoption day! We've been counting down until it actually happened. There were moments when we didn't think it was going to happen. Why? There was a scare the lawyer didn't file the correct documents. And after all, it is the addition of a little stranger to one's family. Yet, deep down...we knew Moco was meant for us. He knew it too.

So today is the 29th. It started early as Moco woke up at 3 a.m. We really don't know why except for the fact that Moco said "it's a new day." I went back to bed and he stayed up to just play in his room for a while. When I came back out at 7 a.m., he was serving himself breakfast and chatting it up with Grandma. He finished and asked if I had to go to work. I told him I did, but we would be able to play when I came home. That satisfied him. I walked with him to his room and much to my amazement it was super clean! I mean, everything was put back in it's proper place. The bed was done too! It's not everyday that your kid cleans his room without being told. I praised him for the surprise and that made him happy.

The hubby and I sat down towards the end of the day and talked. We talked about Moco and his new attitude. We've been through a lot with him...so we are not sure what to expect. We hope and pray that the tantrums and everything else will improve now that he is an official part of our family. We know our lives have.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

First...do all your blogs have to make us cry?

Moco is just too precious and I'm glad he's officially part of the family. Not that we doubted it for a second.

I still say he should of changed his name to Mike ;)

Sandrine McCurdy said...

I'm so glad that Moco is here to stay! I don't know where I'll ever be in a place where I don't have Gabe tears.