Thursday, July 17, 2008

51.54 and more...

That's how much it cost me to fill up my gas tank on Tuesday. WTH?! Yeah, yeah, I know. The cost of gas has been going up steadily for the past months...I just hadn't put 2 and 2 together until today. Bleh. I don't even use premium. oh well.
--
It's time for another road trip to Dallas! Moco and I are going to see Moe & Co. Yay! Even more fun is that Moe & I will be running in a race. I'm not doing anything big, just the 5k. (I had originally wanted to do the 15k, but I didn't have anyone to watch Moco while I ran.) Moco will be "running" with me. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. ;)
--
The hubby has been working some serious hours to finish a project. That means that he really hasn't been spending any time at home...leaving the kid and I to hang out together. Since he finally finished the project yesterday, he figured that he would take the son to work today. Moco was really excited and I was ecstatic that I could get ready for work without someone asking me a million questions. They cleaned up the shop and then went for a "working man's lunch." Two grilled cheese sandwiches with fries and sweet teas. The hubby said Moco loved it, especially since he was paid a dollar for his workday. ;)
--
Training for the half-marathon in November has been going well. Last week, I ran 6 miles in 1 hour, 45 minutes. It's a horrible time of 17 minutes per mile. I didn't do so hot because I stayed up late the night before plus I drank one too many beers. I'm still not believing that I'm a runner and nights like those can not happen with 6 a.m. run times. I've been running around the neighborhood, but haven't done much practice work. This weekend is what I need to get motivated again. I've got lots of work to do! Argh!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

51.54 is not so bad. It could be worse.

I hope you have lots of fun on your trip and take plenty of pics! Good luck on your 5K. And my dear, 5K is something...you're training!

Aww...he got a $1. Jackson said if he comes and cleans the pool, we'll give him $2...and unlimited use of the pool. ;)