Wednesday, May 7, 2008

4

Yeah, I should be blogging about the topics in my last post...but eh. I just find it hard to do so after the event has already passed. I don't know how the other moms do it. Seriously. They manage to blog, cook, clean, and do other various tasks with their kids. My brain, however, goes into this weird mode and if I am not by any computer, the blogging of that moment has vanished. I'm already on to the next episode in my adventures with the kiddo. So, if you see me in person...ask me about them. I'll pull them from the old, tried & true computer - my noggin.

Everyday I go to work. Since becoming a mom (about 3 months now), I dread walking into the office. Even thinking about work makes me cringe. I'd rather be a stay at home mom and spend time working on crafts, on inventing new ways to teach my child fractions or research the latest findings on ADHD. Yes, that makes me a bit envious of those moms that are able to do so, but I'm happy for them at the same time.

That brings me to the heart of this post. On those days that I do walk into the office...I anxiously await the arrival of two co-workers. No, that's wrong to say. These women are two of my closest friends so they are not just co-workers. Sure our office brought us together in a random way, but I have surely been blessed by this circumstance. Not a day goes by without my randomly walking through the office to see if they have arrived. (Believe me, I'll make up some excuse to walk to the other side of the offices - "oh, your mouse is broken?!" or "let me clean that keyboard for you.")

Since then I have introduced them to my sister and "voilĂ " we are the four Musketeers! We listen to one another's gripes, talk about everything going on around us...and mostly importantly support one another. Okay, we're not the ladies of "Sex and the City" - but we are pretty damn close.

Therefore, when I begin to bitch about work...I simply think about the awesome people I have been able to meet because of it. Then I get the warm fuzzies. ^_^


----------------
Listening to: Wilco - Should've Been In Love
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Sandrine McCurdy said...

How did I miss this one? I feel the same way. You & What's her butt make work bearable. And where would I be if you hadn't given me Bff Melissa?

No, we aren't Sex and the City, but we're almost as entertaining.

Wait...I'm one of the 4 right? Hehe